Lone Twin inspiring the Library

Lone Twins performance Ghost Dance is an interesting display which I believe may be beneficial towards our performance in the library. This piece of art is constructed of two men dressed as cowboys, blindfolded and simply doing a line dance in unison continuously for 12 hours in silence. Performed only once or twice a year in different locations, this performance is not advertised before hand and audience members would all merely stumble across it in the street, art gallery etc.

RealTime Arts magazine Photography: Lone Twin Performance

However, although audience members did not purposefully go to see Lone Twin’s piece, it was common for members of the public to join in with this well known dance throughout the 12 hours, supporting and cheering on the two performers. This created a communal spirit in environments where strangers would not usually interact and this is what we hope to create in our performance. By putting ourselves in a unique position infront of the public we may be able to force upon them an interaction, such as by wearing particular outfits (like Lone Twin in Cowboy costumes) or repeatng a routine an audience member would feel comfortable and enjoy joining in with.

However we approach it, I think it would be interesting to show that the environment is no longer isolated and everybody who enters the library is an individual, not a number. It may also be interesting to take a photograph of each audience member we interact with holding a white board with their student number on and leave these photos as a collage in th library, to clearly state that they are an individual and not a number. I will explain more about that idea in my next post.

Posted: February 28th, 2013
Categories: Performance Art
Tags:
Comments: 6 Comments.
Comments
    Comment frombmw m4 - September 15, 2014 at 1:07 am      Reply

This is the perfect blog for anybody who would like to find out about this topic.
    You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that
    I personally will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject that’s been discussed for decades.

Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

Comment fromvarsity cheerleader - July 7, 2014 at 12:43 am      Reply

Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment
    form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and
    I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

Comment fromfree download game pool - July 5, 2014 at 6:48 pm      Reply

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how
    to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Thanks

Comment fromfree games online to play now 8 ball pool multiplayer - July 2, 2014 at 3:50 pm      Reply

It’s in fact very complex in this busy life to listen news on Television, so I only use the web for that reason, and get the latest information.

Comment frominfinity cheer shoes - June 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm      Reply

Thanks for another informative website. The place else could I
    get that type of information written in such an ideal method?

I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the look out for
    such information.

Comment fromunited states all star federation - June 15, 2014 at 11:11 am      Reply

Hello there I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Yahoo for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just
    like to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it
    all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

© 2017 Babel. Hosted by University of Lincoln Blogs.